Tuesday 3 December 2013

A parcel in the mail

I love getting parcels, even if you know what you're getting, since you're the one that ordered it. But you never know exactly which day you'll get it. My inner child is jumping up and down and clapping it's hands from excitement when opening the wrapping paper (or cardboard, in this case).


The parcel turned into two smaller ones. Reminds me of when I used to put little things in little boxes, in slightly larger boxes in even bigger boxes, to make fake presents for under the Christmas tree.


Both parcels revealed a pile of laser-cut wood (I assume it's balsa). Can you guess what it is already? No scrolling down to sneak a peak!


All the parts laid out carefully. There's no particular need for building instructions for this one, although I think it helps if you've seen a picture of the end result.


It's a bit wobbly, but I wouldn't dare call myself a modeller, if I didn't have the required glue to put this together. White glue, normally used for various things in modelling, can also be used for glueing wood, since that's what it's meant to be used for.


And here's the end result, filled with about 75% of my collection of Vallejo paints.


If you haven't identified it by now, shame on you! It's a laser-cut bottle stand, made specifically to fit Vallejo bottles. It comes from CNC Creations, a new startup that does lasercutting and -engraving of wood, plexi, paper, ... among other things. The bottle stands come in size "Vallejo" and "Games Workshop", but other formats may follow - I hope. I could use one for AK Interactive and various other, bigger bottles.

2 comments:

  1. I love it when something is in the amil for me....even my monthly copy of F1 Racing is enough to make me happy...
    Nice purchase.

    ReplyDelete