Sunday 30 December 2012

Painting through a template

I painted the wheels for the Puma and the M60 with black primer. To paint the actual wheels, without having to redo the tires afterwards, you can paint these through a paper template.

Various kinds of stencils can be bought, but a circle template is easy enough to make.
Today, I just did the measuring, drawing and cutting (and re-drawing and re-cutting). The actual painting will be for tomorrow.

If I find myself short on time tomorrow, I wish you all the best for 2013. Unless you are following the Mayan calendar, in which case you already celebrated the beginning of the 14th baktun on december 21st.

It's not super-accurate, but just try to measure how big the circle  needs to be.
(I'll admit not knowing the English name for this tool)

Draw a circle on a sturdy piece of paper, like an index card.

Cut with a sharp hobbyknife.

The circle templates for the Puma and the M60.

No comments:

Post a Comment