Monday 17 February 2014

Sprue Cutters Union 28: Pack Your Bags

Some of us like to go to conventions, whether it's to enter models in a contest, look at other people's work or try to score a big discount on some items on our wishlist. But ...

- How far are you willing to travel for this hobby? -


Personally, I do not attend that many conventions. I do not enter my models in contests, which alleviates the need to go and attend all of them. I tend to come home with at least 3 new models each time, so not going is the best way to avoid growing the stash too rapidly. (I still buy online, so it's not that I'm completely safe from increasing-stash-syndrome).

As to how far I'd be willing to travel? That really depends on who I'd be going with. When going alone, I prefer not to travel longer than one hour. Luckily, Belgium is such a small country, I can reach most places in that small time frame. I'd probably go to more conventions if I had a few friends to go with.
(I *HAVE* friends, don't you worry, but none of them are modellers.)

If I had a group and there would be a big convention in - say for example - Paris, I wouldn't mind the 3 hour drive in the morning and back again in the evening.


Care to find out other modeller's habbits? Check the links below :

2 comments:

  1. I'd probably go to more conventions if I had a few friends to go with.
    (I *HAVE* friends, don't you worry, but none of them are modellers.)

    So, should I assume then, Belgium has so few modelers that you do not know any of them? LOL sorry could not resist.
    Be well ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know several IPMS-members casually, from club meetings, but one hour a month is not the same as a whole day, several hours of which in one car. :-)

      Delete