Sunday 10 May 2020

PL-01 Polish concept tank

In Summer 2018, I learned about the existence of the PL-01, a Polish concept tank. It was announced at MSPO 2013 (International Defense Industry Exhibition in Poland).



As I am wont to do, I fell in love with the subject. I doubt it has much to do with my SO being Polish, but that may have played a role when a link to the article crossed my path.

The second picture - from a slightly elevated angle - captures best the sleak, almost futuristic design that caught my eye.


One of the more impressive features would be the infra-red, adaptive camouflage by BAE systems.


I can't find much news - in the 7 years since it's announcement - of it entering production. The concept remains little more than a mockup tank (I believe on top of a CV-90), but that doesn't change it's visual appeal to me.

Anyway, after the PL-01 showed up on my radar, I went looking for more information, particularly scale models but couldn't find any.
I had to wait another year (july 2019), when I learned Takom had tackled the subject and would be releasing it. I found a Polish webshop accepting pre-orders and off we were.

Delivery got delayed a few times, but in oktober it finally arrived.



No comments:

Post a Comment