Saturday, 20 July 2013

Finished nacelles

Bracing myself for another airbrush disaster, I sat down to finish the previously masked stripes on the Enterprises nacelles. The mix used is 10% insignia blue and 90% white.


3 hours later, I removed all the masking tape and below is the result. I'm really happy working with the Tamiya tape. It doesn't lift any paint and if you take care to burnish it down really well, the painted edges are really sharp with no bleeding of the paint underneath.


I did have one spot where I cut the tape too deep and damaged the paint. Of all places, it had to be a spot where the primer hadn't completely taken and was letting go. So I had to remove a small piece of the paint and I'll need to fix it at a later point. (You can't see it in the photo).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...